Rutland Referral Group Membership Policy
- Application for membership – Prospective members must be employed full time in the category they represent, complete an application form and submit a check covering the application fee of $100 plus dues for the balance of the year. Applicants must be approved by the VP of Membership.
- A member may reserve and have exclusive rights to only one primary business category, as defined by the Officers – We do not allow direct competition within the group. No member shall promote a business activity for which another member has exclusivity. (For example, a member holding a property & casualty insurance primary category may not mention group insurance or life and disability insurance if others in the group represent these categories.) A member may promote another unrepresented business category but shall cease doing so if another member takes that category as a primary category. If a member feels that a prospective member is a direct competitor or has any other reason that an applicant should not be accepted, it is that member’s responsibility to immediately notify the Vice President of Membership so that it can act appropriately prior to acceptance of the prospect.
- Member Responsibility-The primary responsibility of a member is to provide referrals resulting in business for other members. Members are also expected to attend a minimum of 75% of our meetings and otherwise contribute to the group. On a quarterly basis, the Officers shall review the record of every member and may terminate or declare a member’s category open if their performance is unacceptable. (Extenuating circumstances are to be considered.) A member whose category is declared open may continue to participate in the group until the officers deem the deficiency corrected, thus closing the category or a new member for that category is found whichever happens first. Terminated members or those whose categories are declared open shall be so notified in writing.
- Meetings will not be held when New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor day, Thanksgiving or Christmas fall on the meeting date, the day before or the day after.
- Members are entitled to a listing on our website (www.rutlandreferralgroup.com). New members should check the website for the type of information needed and submit their information to the VP of Membership for inclusion. The single page sales presentation can be used as a basis for your “more info” listing.
- Membership in other referral groups is prohibited. The group is based on mutual loyalty. A divided loyalty cannot be tolerated. This provision is not intended to prohibit members from joining service groups and other business organizations which are not primarily referral groups.
- Membership applies to the combination of the individual and the company represented. Any change in the individual or the company represented will result in termination of that membership and require reapplication for membership.
- We do not accept the promotion of multi-level businesses. However, a member may promote their product.
Click HERE to download our membership policy in word format.